Wednesday, May 2, 2012

cachinnate: to laugh loudly or immoderately

It is funny for me to think about how someone has the laugh they have.  I will admit that this is a rather odd thing to think about until I tell you that I think Taelin is starting to settle into a bit of her own laugh.  She has several different kinds of laughs, which I guess everyone does but the other day she cracked herself up.  I think she does funny things all the time, but I am her mother and I am supposed to think that.  She has said in the past  how she thinks things are silly and will kind of smile and giggle a little about it.  She laughs all the time at things Joe does...and he eats it up.

But the other day we pulled up to the house after being at the grocery story and she yelled, "Hi Home!  Happy Birthday!"  She sat for about 2 seconds after she said it and then she lost it.  She laughed and her whole body shook.  She tried to say the same thing over a couple of times but couldn't get through because she started to laugh.  I couldn't help but laugh too, not because of what she said (because honestly that pretty much just confused me) but because I she had found so much joy in what she had just said.  

I watched, as for the first time, she laughed so hard that her eyes started to water and fall down her cheek.  It was so incredibly adorable and I feel so lucky that I got to be a witness to what I hope are many, many moments to come.

blithe: of a happy lighthearted character or disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment