Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Garden is Officially Started!


Ok...it is official!  There are plants in the garden!  I must have been thinking about my track record with plants when I made this goal because I all I said I was going to do was "start" a garden.  Nothing about keeping the plants alive or actually getting the fruits of my labor was included.  I certainly don't want to jinx anything, but if I am honest my track record of keeping plant-like things alive isn't stellar.  

Here are a few pictures of what Taelin and I did this past weekend!  I will be showing progress periodically as they hopefully grow.  I did verve off the plan a little bit but I think what we have will still work.  Stay tuned!  

There are seven tomato plants in here (3 cherry and 4 Roma), 2 red peppers, 2 rows of radishes and 2 peas plants.

We actually are going to try and start some radishes from seed.  I still need to put in something for the peas to climb.


The second box has another 3 tomato plants (Better Boy) and then quite a few seeds.


A couple of rows of lettuce, spinach, and carrots lie under the chicken wire that will hopefully keep the dog and cat out of here.  Also, there are several bush beans that will hopefully yield in some deliciousness come late summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment