Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#89-Distance



This was the view from the bottom of the stairs that connected the beach and the hotel that Taelin and I stayed in this weekend.  As I crouched down next to Taelin to get an idea of what that would look like to her she said, "That's a long way Mama."  I snapped this picture right before we started climb and was determined that she would be able to do it herself, even when (maybe even especially when) it got hard.

She got tired about three-fourths up and wanted me to carry her but I told her that she could make it and we could stop if we needed to.  I told her that I knew she would be able to make it to the stop.  We rested for a few seconds and she looked back up at the rest of them and started to climb without saying anything.  She stopped every couple of stairs towards the end, every time looking at how much further she had to go before starting up again.  She made it all the way to the top.  All by herself.  


Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. 
 ~Walter Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment