Monday, May 21, 2012

openhearted: candidly straightforward

This past Sunday, I was so lucky to spend a few hours with two beautiful women. Our plan was a simple one...a bookstore and lunch with a side-trip for a school errand.  We executed our plan with only a few extra trips around some downtown Portland blocks.  What was unexpected, however, was the wonderful feeling I would have afterwards.  Not from the books I found or the AMAZING pasta dish I had at California Pizza Kitchen (although those were both great), but from the incredibly honest and raw conversation we shared.  

I feel very lucky and grateful for the safety in the conversation in both what I shared and what was shared with me.  

(and because I am two words behind here...a few words that easily fit as well)

bonhomie: good-natured easy friendliness

comity: friendly social atmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment