Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Camping Anyone?

Until this last weekend, it had been four years since we camped.  We used to go a couple of times each summer but I was so sick the summer I was pregnant with Taelin that there was no way we could have gone.  The idea of taking a baby camping just didn't see like fun, especially with diapers.  I think I might have been a little worried that our hiatus from camping would turn into a permanent thing which is why it ended up on the list. I am SO glad that we waiting until she was this age and I am SO glad we went.

We went to Beverly Beach on the Oregon coast.  It is my favorite place to go because it is a 5 minute walk to the beach and there are bathrooms with hot showers.  (I never said I was a hard core camper.)  We went with two of our friends that got the site next to us but pretty much just hung out at our site.  We got there late Friday night and were on the go until we left on a pretty soggy Sunday morning.

We toasted marshmallows, ate, went on long walks, ate, played on the beach, ate, kayaked, and ate some more. What is it about camping that makes you want to eat constantly?  I knew that and so I spent the better part of Friday pre-cutting fruits and veggies to have on hand.  We didn't have a ton of down time, although Joe and Taelin took a pretty good sized nap on Saturday afternoon and I spent the time walking around and then later reading/falling asleep in my camp chair.

Here are a few pictures from our trip:

Our new tent!  Our old one was TOO big and was missing the fly!

Joe's headlamp turned Taelin into Ironman!

Dug a hole to find the ocean. 

Yes, a shower was necessary after this!



She was convinced that she could carry the wood over.

Being instructed in the finer points of fire building. 
When did she get so big?  *tear*

The promised root beer!  Now we had a real happy camper!


We had a lot of fun camping even though it rained Sunday morning.  It took a whole day to get ready and a whole day to clean up, but it was so worth it! I was so grateful to have the time as a family on Father's Day weekend! I asked Taelin what her favorite part of camping was and she said, "All of the parts!"

1 comment:

  1. What fun! It almost makes me want to go camping again!

    ReplyDelete