Friday, June 8, 2012

cognoscente:a person who has expert knowledge in a subject; a connoisseur

I wouldn't really consider myself a cognoscente in much.  I know a lot about some things, a little bit about a lot of things, and nothing about most everything.  But an expert in anything?  No, not really.  And I am alright at with that.  I don't really know if I know anyone that would be considered an expert at something. I do know some people that like to think they are experts at something...but for the most part they are just kind of know-it-all jerks.

I suppose it just comes down to perspective.  Taelin would probably consider me an expert at a lot.  I can cook a hot dog perfectly (not too hot and not too cold), I always can get her stuff animals to stay in her mesh holder, and I know how the puzzle pieces fit into all her puzzles.  I wonder how long that will last?  Probably not long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment