Monday, July 9, 2012

Kale chips

Last week we got some kale in our CSA box.  People keep telling me I need to make kale chips, so this morning I had a few minutes and decided to give it a try.

I used this recipe from allrecipes and the only thing I changed was the cooking time and temperature after reading some of the reviews.  I baked them for 20 minutes at 250 degrees.

Verdict...I don't like kale chips.  There were several reviews that declared them as good as potato chips.  I feel like I should spend some time trying to figure out where those people live so I can either 1) send them a bag of potato chips because they obviously have never had a good bag or 2) smack them up side the head.    It is like those people that cut apples in the shape of french fries and say that it curbs their craving for french fries.  I am not one that likes to call names but those people are a bunch of freakin' liars.  Apples do not equal french fries.  Kale chips do not equal potato chips.  

I am counting this as a new recipe and the kale chips are still sitting on the counter waiting for Joe to get home, but I would put money down that he won't like them either.  I just don't think we are cooked greens kind of people.

***edited for Joe's verdict...  He said they taste exactly like potato chips...mixed with sweaty garbage.  So, yeah, I think it is safe to say that I am going to have to search for a different recipe to do with the kale that is sure to come again.

1 comment: