Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rollin' on the River!

Joe and I have had kayaks for some time and a couple of Christmas' ago, we got a tandem kayak so that all three of us could go kayaking.  We had done quite a few lake trips with and without Taelin, but I have yet to be brave enough to kayak a river...until today!

We had tentative plans to go kayaking today as long as the weather was going to cooperate.  We organized pretty quickly with some friends that came along and used our single kayaks and had the best day!  The weather could not have been more perfect; it was sunny but there was a light breeze that made it not super hot.  We pulled over and had a picnic and then Joe and Taelin did a little swimming.  We were out for about 3 hours and then came back, got cleaned up and BBQ'ed.

Here are a few pictures of our adventure!

Put in spot...I was a little nervous

Swimming

I <3 these two!
Plus, the only evidence that I was there...my toes!
Brian

Niki



Paddle...paddle...

...paddle!
Joe was a sport as he got smacked with
the paddle as she tried for the first time.

 It may have been our first river trip, but it certainly won't be our last!  

No comments:

Post a Comment