Sunday, April 3, 2011

Don't worry...I haven't given up!

I have had a couple people ask me where my posts have been this week.  They were concerned that the "shininess" of my list had worn off and I was starting to wane.  I promise this isn't this case. They are a couple of good reasons...and I know you want to know them. 

First of all, I started two different posts this week that I never finished because as I went back to them they were just a bunch of me ranting and complaining and not even I wanted to read it...and I was the one writing it.  Look at me, I abandon one book and give up on the Rubik cube and all of the sudden I am throwing out things left and right.  Really, it was just me realizing that the last thing this world needs, especially the blogging world, is another person complaining so as soon as I am done with this post, I will delete those so they will never see the light of day.

One of my other reasons is a much less noble one.  Over spring break I was staying up late and scrapbooking in an effort to catch up.  (HA!  Yeah, right..catch up.  Notice that isn't on my list).  While I scrapbook, I like to have something on in the background and I decided instead of watching Oceans 12 again, I would take a look at Netflix and see if there was something I wanted to watch.  Enter...the t.v. series Bones.  Seasons 1-5 are all on Netflix. And I have watched them all...all. five. seasons....just in the last 3 weeks.  I watched them when I was scrapbooking, I watched them when I was working out, I watched them while I was making dinner, I watched them when I should have been sleeping...you get the picture.  All that time had to come from somewhere and part of it came from blogging. 

Now, in defense of myself, I haven't completely forgotten about my list this week.  Joe and I spent 2 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday working out the in yard, because it wasn't raining and the sun was even shining.  This is all in preparation for the beginnings of our garden (which is #51).  I wrote several cards out this week and started a new book.  I have looked into available cooking classes and while I did find some there was nothing that screamed at me that I needed to take it.  I did start a new book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is pretty good so far.

This week, I will be better, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment