Friday, April 8, 2011

Marinated Pork Chops

When Joe and I first met he didn't eat any pork...at all.  Then, somewhere along the way, he decided that he like bacon as long as it was crispy.  Then, he ventured into pulled pork sandwiches, as long as they were made by me because he knew I was picky about getting all the fat off the meat.  Then, I tried pork chops in the crock pot.  Again, melting most of the fat away (are you seeing a pattern here) and making the meat fairly tender.  When brings us to tonight.  

During the same trip to New York City where I had the to-die-for Chicken Marsala, I also had an amazing grilled pork tenderloin that was so juicy that I could hardly believe that it was the same kind of meat that I had eaten as a child baked with corn flakes.  So, when I thought about recipes I wanted to try, a grilled pork chop went on the list.  The challenge..make it flavorful, make it tender, make it with a lean cut of meat.  So, I did some searching and decided on this savor marinade and grilled them up. It was really good...even Joe liked it!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
  • 2 (1 inch thick) pork chops (I used boneless)

Directions:

1. Combine the first 10 ingredients in whatever you use to marinate meat in.  I use a large ziploc bag and then set it inside a bowl.  Once they are blended, add the chops.
2.  Marinate for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. (I only had 8 hours and you could taste the marinade through the meat.)  Turn over several times as they are marinating.
3. Grill to your liking

No comments:

Post a Comment