Friday, April 20, 2012

approbate: to approve officially

Last week I got a call from the school district's HR office offering me my half-time mentoring position for the 2012-13 school year.  I am feeling so incredibly lucky that I already know what I am doing next school year so soon before the end of the year.  Last spring was so hard with so many unknowns...and then so many layoffs.  It is good to know that there is security in my job.

I will again be working 2 1/2 days a week which leaves me with having two full days home with Taelin during the week.  It has been so great to get those things done around the house before Joe has his weekend off.  That way, we can just enjoy the weekend without a huge to-do list or have time to get a bigger project done.  Just today, which is one of my days off, I have done 5 loads of laundry, arranged the baskets for Taelin's preschool raffle fundraiser, rearranged several shelves in Taelin's room in between reading a stack of books with Taelin, building big Lego towers and playing several nail-biter rounds of Hi-Ho Cherry-O.  The bathroom counters and sinks have been wiped down, refrigerator cleaned out and the floors swept and/or vacuumed. Taelin either was playing in her room, looking at books, watching Dora the Explorer or "helping" me.  A typical and wonderful "home day" as we call it around here.

I know a lot of people have to work full time and I know if I had to, I could do it.  But it would come at a price and I am so grateful that it is one that I don't have to pay.  There are a lot of things to be grateful for...that is for sure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment