Monday, April 2, 2012

Yogurt Fruit Dip

This is one of those recipes that again could hardly even be called a recipe.  But, it was new and we really liked it so I am going to throw it up there in case someone else might find themselves in a position where they need something like this!

We were invited to brunch awhile ago, which was honestly an event in itself.  Joe is not a morning person, especially on the weekend...even more so on the Sunday after Daylight Saving Time.  But, he is a trooper so he got up and we even got there early!  Because we had about a 45 minute drive and wouldn't really be able to keep anything warm, I brought a big bowl of raspberries, strawberries, marionberries, and blueberries.  To make it a little more than a bowl of fruit, I searched quickly the night before for a quick dip that wouldn't be just awful in Weight Watcher terms.  It didn't take long to find this one and it was so easy when I read it that I didn't look any further.

Ingredients
1 container vanilla yogurt (I used Tillamook Vanilla Bean)
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Directions
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Serve along side the fruit.

Seriously...could it get any easier?!?

I didn't mix it together with the fruit for a couple of reasons.  Mostly, I wanted to be able to control how much I put on my own fruit.  I think it looked a little nicer too after it was drizzled on top of the fruit versus if each piece had been covered in a big bowl.

Anyway, I have made it again since then and I was so yummy both times.  It was super easy and a great way to dress up fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment