Friday, April 6, 2012

cockalorum: a boastful and self-important person

This word is a great word.  Right now I have no real use for this word...but I probably will someday.  So, I am putting it here so that when the time comes I will have it.  I could tell a couple of past stories where this word would have come in very useful...but I won't.

I am a little behind with my words...I missed last week with my parents being here and I still have 11 to make up.  So here are some fun little ditty's that I found that I think I might find useful at some point.

resile: return to a prior position (cousin of the word resilient, I suppose a person could consider another way of thinking but then resile from making any kind of change.)

garrulous: pointlessly or annoyingly talkative

carking: burdensome or annoying

I am reading a really good book right now that has a lot of new words...I haven't been collecting while I have been reading but need to.  That just might get me caught up with the other 9 I need to make up!

No comments:

Post a Comment