Sunday, April 1, 2012

Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ~Henri Frederic Amiel

Such a timely quote.  Easier said than done.  

I am (by choice) a different person than I was raised to be.  It usually isn't a problem except for when it is.  And usually it isn't a problem for me, but for my parents.  Then I guess in a way it does become a problem, mostly a problem of how I feel about it.  

I have known for some time that I am not the person my mom and dad wish I was.  It is disappointing for them and then I feel guilty for that...and then I get mad that I feel guilty.  I bit of a cycle I suppose.  Thankfully, I don't feel this way all the time, usually only after a visit with my parents.  

My point of this post isn't to go into the details, but rather to let it all go.  Each time, it gets a little easier to deal with.  Each time, I am more sure of who I am.  I have spent the last few days since they left feeling a little down in the dumps about the whole thing...but it ends here.  

So...in the spirit of grace....and peace... 

I am who I am, by choice.  I am proud of who I have become and who I want to be.  I am thankful for all the people in my life who help me realize what it is important.  

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the best people I know hands down, it is unfortunate that some people forget that one of the things we all hope for our kids is that they will become a:
    Kind
    Caring
    Responsible
    Loving
    Giving
    Sharing
    Happy
    Adult - hmmmm seems like you hit all those in spades, must mean the problem is not yours.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete