Sunday, March 20, 2011

Favorite 50 Songs....and some other stuff

I talked Joe into helping me come up with the list of my favorite 50 songs for a couple of reasons.  First of all, he is the one that has the iTunes library on his laptop and second of all, there are a lot of songs that I really like that I can't remember the name of but he does.  He can't remember what he had for dinner last night but he can tell you the name of most songs within 5 seconds of it beginning.  So, one night this past week we set out to make a playlist of my favorite 50 songs.  We decided for the sake of organization that we would go alphabetically by artist.  We got through letter D.  I have 126 songs already in the folder.  There is going to be a problem.

In my defense, I was being pretty liberal with what I put in the folder.  And two of my favorite bands, Cake and Counting Crows were obviously in the C section, which we did go through. But there is still going to be a problem.  

Another problem that I realized once we started, was that there are different songs that I love for different reasons. While I love Jay-Z's 99 Problems, I am in a little different mood when I listen to Hotel California by the Eagles.  I don't know what I am going to do about that...maybe subcategories?  This Type A lady likes the way I am thinking.....  We are going to do some more sorting starting with E tonight.  Fun stuff!

This week I was also able to cross off the list putting change in an expired parking meter when Taelin and I were at the library.  While fun to cross off the list, not something necessarily worthy of it's own blog post.  I mean really, are you going to come back if wrote an entire post about putting a quarter in a parking meter?  No, I didn't think so.

This week I also "gave a gift just because" to an old co-worker and sent a handwritten note to a friend that needed to know someone was thinking of her.  Nothing huge, but still something that helped me think beyond myself and all the things on my other lists that are more about getting the everyday things done.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Once you get your favorite songs list finished you should post 10 or 20 on my wedding playlist page. Right now Taelin's the only person who has put anything up there.... also did she ask for permission before going online?!?

    http://www.mywedding.com/charlielorieepicadventure/music.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Taelin has mad internet skillz...it is in her blood. My guess is that Joe might have had something to do with it. I don't know if I will have the list done by then, but if I do I will certainly share a thought or two.

    ReplyDelete