Monday, March 28, 2011

Y is for Youth in Revolt

Choosing 26 movies that I have never seen (one for each letter of the alphabet) might seem to some a strange thing to put on my list.  But I know there has to be someone that is reading this that is like me.

Hi, my name is Jodie and I am repeat movie watcher.  There are a chunk of movies that I will watch over and over and over and over again.  Usually I am doing something else when I am watching these movies, but not always.  Usually Joe is either gone or has his headphones on when I am watching these movies...well, because he has seen them already...a lot...without even really trying.  I considered not giving some examples of these movies, but in the interest of full disclosure I will share.  The problem that I will have with listing these is now I am going to want to watch them.  So...in no particular order, some of my favorite repeat watchers:


  • Oceans 11, Oceans 12,  and Oceans 13 (preferably in a row but that hasn't happened since having Taelin);
  • all of the Borne movies (I should probably be able to rattle them off, but I can't); 
  • any of the Harry Potter movies (never tried them all in the a row...but maybe I should make that the replacement for the Rubik cube?)
This is certainly not the whole list and I completely understand that these are not necessarily the best films every made.  But I like them...a lot.  

The problem with this however is that I rarely want to take a chance and spend my time watching something I haven't watched.  This has always been true but it especially true with Taelin in the picture.  So, that is why watching 26 movies I have never seen before is on my list.

That being said, this weekend Joe and I watched Youth in Revolt.  It is a Michael Cera movie about teenage angst.  Aren't all Michael Cera movies somehow about teenage angst?  We got about half way through it and I turned to Joe and said, "There is no way I write about this on my blog."  It is rated R and has earned that rating in all it's teenage sexual frustration glory...and that is all I am going to say about that.  It was certainly not Michael Cera's best movie (it would be hard to beat Juno and Superbad) but it did have some funny moments and Joe and I were both glad we watched it.  

1 new movie down...25 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment