Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where to Start? Now that I have started...

I realized today that I need to come up with some sort of organized way of keeping track of what I am working on and what has been done.  (Not because there is some sort of rule about it, but rather that I am a bit Type A about that kind of thing...hmm...that might make it on my list of things I sometimes don't like about myself.)

Anyway, what I have decided to do is to bold any things that are complete and italicize those things are in progress.  So, with that in mind....here is an update!

I am currently reading two different books. The first being Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Wall (who also wrote Glass Castle, which I loved).  The second being Notebook Connections by Aimee Buckner (who also wrote Notebook Know-How, which I loved).  So far I am liking the first...and LOVING the second. When I finish them I will give a little more information that will make me sound less like I'm a third grader trying to get out of answering a question and more like an adult with an intelligent opinion.  Or at least I will try to...

Today, I also sent a card to a friend that is going through a difficult time with a very fresh loss.  It was a little strange I have to admit, actually writing in a card with a pen vs. typing an email or sending a text.  There was something about needing to be more present and thoughtful. There wasn't a backspace so I had to be a little more aware of what I was writing. 

I was so glad to see that there are some people that have decided to follow me on this journey, at least for the time being. It is motivating and provides me with some accountability. Plus, it makes me feel a little less crazy....more writing for someone to read vs. me talking to myself.  So, thank you for all the encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. So, I see your Notebook connections as an invitation to read along with and maybe have tea after?? How far are you along in the book and how fast do you read? I want to gauge if I shall try to join your read or no??

    ReplyDelete
  2. An invitation indeed! I am reading it because I need to do a book share this coming Friday at my mentor forum BUT that doesn't mean I don't want to meet for tea and talk about it! It is definitely challenging me (along with some of Frank's conversations) because reader's notebooks was not something I had really ventured into. I got the recommendation from Tiffany...maybe we could have tea for three???

    ReplyDelete