Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The List

I have been a list girl for quite some time.  I love making lists and crossing things off.  If I am feeling stressed or overloaded with too many things to get done, there is nothing that helps me more than making a list.

I have also been a wanting-to-start-a-blog girl for awhile too.  However, I couldn't on earth imagine what in the world I would blog about.  Enter...Charlie Capp, my soon-to-be brother-in-law.  Last week, when looking at his blog for an image from a card he had made, I noticed something I hadn't seen before. He had a list of 101 things that he wanted to accomplish in 1001 days.  Do I need to say it again?  There was a list.  I went to www.dayzeroproject.com.  There were a lot of people that had made lists.

So...I made a list.

The first thing I did from my list-start a blog.  And for me, I hope it will be a blog about my journey to complete, in 1001 days, the 101 things I put on my list.  Some of the things on my list will be easy and some will be more difficult.  Some will bring me great joy and others are sure to bring tears.  But in the end, checking this list off isn't what I want this to be all about.  I hope to learn more about myself and others around me.  I hope I stop and enjoy the little things before I don't have to the chance to enjoy them.  I hope those that mean the most to me, will know it. 

One thing done...100 more to go.  I have 998 days to finish the rest. Join me, won't you?

1. Start a blog
2. Kayak in Hawaii
3. Take a photo a day for one month 
4. Read 50 books
5. Jump in puddles with Taelin
6. Write a letter to someone I admire
7. Write a love letter to my husband
8. Write a list of 50 things I like about myself (50/50)
9. List 10 things I don't like about myself (and how to figure out how to improve) (10/10)
10. Make a list of 101 quotes that inspire me
11. Make a list of 101 things for which I am grateful
12. Make a list of all family and friends Birthdays and Anniversaries
13. Take Taelin camping
14. Complete a coloring book
15. Get to my goal weight
16. Write a matron of honor speech that will make my sister both laugh and cry
17. Bake and decorate sugar cookies
18. Bake a cake from scratch
19. Try 50 new recipes
20. Go to a wine tasting
21. Leave a 100% tip
22. Watch a movie at a drive-in
23. Complete a 1000+ piece puzzle
24. Ask 5 friends to suggest one book, and read them all
25. Pay off my student loan
26. See a Broadway show
27. Commit a Random Act of Kindness Every Month
28. Get rid of 100 things
29. Donate to Toys for Tots
30. Buy flowers for myself
31. Go on a picnic
32. Kayak on a river
33. Host a themed party
34. Learn a new word every week
35. Simplify my life in 10 tangible ways
36. Try glass blowing
37. Visit Crater Lake
38. Visit Yellowstone National Park
39. Eat at 10 new restaurants
40. Take a cake decorating class
41. Take a cooking class
42. Buy flowers for someone else just because
43. Send 50 handwritten cards
44. Make a list of my 50 favorite songs
45. Build a sandcastle
46. Volunteer somewhere
47. Make a font out of my handwriting
48. Go skiing again
49. Watch 10 documentaries
50. Go to a movie by myself
51. Start a garden
52. Submit a photo to failblog
53. List my top 10 movies
54. Scrapbook an album of John for Taelin
55. See a stand up comedian live
56. Play and finish a game of Monopoly with Joe without cheating
57. Learn to juggle 3 balls
58. Build a fire on the beach
59. Pay for the person behind me at Starbucks
60. Update my blog at least once a week
61. Go on a water slide
62. Have a family portrait taken
63. Take a Yoga class
64. Start a daily gratitude journal
65. Play bingo
66. Visit an art exhibition
67. Go sledding
68. Complete the 100 snapshot challenge (24/100)
69. Visit a butterfly garden
70. Renew my Passport
71. Make Mexican Chocolate ice cream
72. Put change in someone's expired parking meter
73. Visit the San Diego Zoo
74. Learn to use chopsticks properly
75. Redo the bedroom: paint, new furniture, new bedding
76. Watch 26 movies I’ve never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet.
77. Make a gingerbread house
78. Write a letter to Taelin about how Joe and I met
79. Take a picture with Joe in a photobooth
80. Make jam
81. See the Nutcracker at Christmastime
82. Walk a cancer walk in memory of John
83. Inspire someone to make a Day Zero List
84. Take Taelin on a train ride
85. Teach a class for OWP
86. Take a picture with Santa
87. Give away 5 copies of my favorite book to 5 different people
88. Take Taelin to the World Beat Festival and watch a music performance
89. Spend a whole day at the beach
90. Build a blanket fort
91. Hike an unknown to me trail at Silver Falls
92. Write a fan letter
93. Finish a wordfind book
94. Maintain my goal weight
95. 26 Things Photograph A-Z Theme-Summer 2012
96. Complete a December Daily scrapbook
97. Buy a lottery ticket
98. Hike to the M in Missoula
99. Give 10 "just because" gifts (10/10)
100. Finish writing another 101 things list by the end of 1001 days
101. Celebrate Day 1001!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I think you're great and I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #56. Play and finish a game of Monopoly with Joe without cheating. You're such a cheat!! :) I don't think I ever won a game of Yatzee. :)

    I like your list alot. It's diverse and encourages your overall well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Today is a new day and you have not blogged anything. I'm forced to believe that you are skiing in a kayak in Hawaii while baking over a campfire and doing a 1000+piece puzzle. Or maybe it is hosting the party with your five friends who suggested a book and you are all on the beach in front of a fire or at a yoga class. Fine... I'll wait the week to see the next post. I think I'll go take a cooking class or watch a documentary.

    ReplyDelete