Friday, March 18, 2011

Random Act of Kindness - March 2011

I have been trying to pay attention for an opportunity for a random act of kindness.  There have been a couple of times that I did something and thought "That's it!" until I realized that what I did was just something I should have done because it was the right thing to do.  So, I decided that the kindness I showed needed to be something I purposefully did out of the way of what I would normally do.  Enter...Starbucks Cake Pops.

A 12 hour parent-teacher conference day.  A 12 hour day in the spring time that results in very few of the parents you want to show up, actually showing up.  This 12 hour day definitely provided me with an opportunity to commit a random act of kindness for two of my many friends that were working.  So, off to Starbucks I went to get some of their new cake pops (which, by the way, I have unsuccessfully tried to make) for a little pick-me-up.  I committed a random act of kindness for myself and got myself some of their iced green tea (which I have also unsuccessfully tried to make) and headed off to the school.  Luckily, I was able to hand deliver the cute little cake pops, which were received with smiles and appreciation (which is what random acts of kindness are all about...making someone smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment